This is a brief list of some of the subjects to do with the Bible on which Tony Watkins will very happily speak (or write). There are some suggestions of possible titles, or of more specific aspects of the subject for talks/events. Tony can present many of these as a single session or as a series, whether as part of a conference or over a number of weeks. This is far from being an exhaustive list – if you would like Tony to speak on something that’s not listed here, please contact him. For other subject areas, see the main Speaking page.
- Bible teaching – anything! There’s nothing I like being invited to do more than teaching the Bible to hear what God has to say to us in our situations. Some parts of the Bible I’ve particularly focused on in preaching include: the Old Testament prophets (particularly Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Jonah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah), Genesis, 1 and 2 Kings, Ecclesiastes, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, 2 Corinthians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Hebrews, Revelation
- How to get to grips with the Old Testament prophets: anything from a single session to a fifteen-hour course, looking at understanding the context in which the prophets wrote, how they presented their message, and how to hear them speak into our own day
- Untangling the Bible: how to understand and apply the Bible (ideal for a one-day workshop, or spread over three or more sessions)
- Different genres in the Bible: how to handle the various kinds of writing in the Bible
- Blast Through the Bible: Bible overview, ideally at least four hours’ worth of teaching, but shorter versions are possible (I have even done a Bible overview in one minute)
- Apologetics issues related to the Bible: reliability of the Bible, apparent genocide in the Old Testament, Gnostic gospels, etc.
- Relationship between Old and New Testaments
- Primary and secondary issues: what does the Bible insist on and what does it leave open to our own conscience?