Resources on His Dark Materials by Tony Watkins. For much more depth on these issues and more, see my book, Dark Matter: A Thinking Fan’s Guide to Philip Pullman.
- Interview with Philip Pullman
- Sample chapter: The Magisterium and the Authority
- Culturewatch article: Philip Pullman: The most dangerous author in Britain? (an introduction to the themes of His Dark Materials)
- Culturewatch article: A Clash of Other Worlds (Pullman’s critique of CS Lewis’s Chronicles of Narnia)
- Culturewatch study guide: Northern Lights / The Golden Compass
- Culturewatch study guide: The Subtle Knife
- Culturewatch study guide: The Amber Spyglass
- Culturewatch article: Lyra’s Oxford
- Culturewatch article: Pullman: not as cynical as we think?
- Culturewatch article: Agenda Squabbles (The Golden Compass film)
- Beliefnet article: The Golden Compass: What is Pullman’s Agenda?
- Beliefnet article: What The Golden Compass Really Says About Pullman’s Belief
- Beliefnet article: Golden Compass: A Christian Parent’s View
Resources on Pullman’s other books